ABINGDON, VIRGINIA – Employment Opportunities
[Job Code SE-H4219]
The Sourcing Engineer will lead efforts in developing and validating opportunities in supply chain risk mitigation, quality improvements, and cost savings. The individual in this role will act as both the technical and business interface between suppliers and design/manufacturing engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Participate in the management of suppliers. Develop and help suppliers meet Hapco quality requirements.
• Work on sourcing projects to improve pricing, delivery, quality, and design.
• Perform the Request-For-Quotation (RFQ) process, analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), perform cost breakdowns and analysis.
• Develop negotiation strategies and conduct supplier negotiations.
• Conduct product sample inspection to ensure quality.
• Place, track and expedite purchase orders (PO).
• Approximately 30% travel time including international.
• Positively impact and contribute whenever needed within the company, such as assisting in troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Procurement experience is NOT required.
• Must possess bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
• Great Microsoft Excel skills. Must understand Excel formula and functions.
• Basic understanding of various production processes, ex. metal fabrication, casting.
• Well organized, detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to function in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Welder – Aluminum & Steel
[Job Code W-H4219]
One year experience as a skilled aluminum or steel welder, 6G, and the completion of a recognized welding apprenticeship. Ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
[Job Code CE-H4219]
Self-motivated individual who will work across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in engineering, process development, and implementation. Skill sets must include business related computer literacy, analytical problem solving, excellent verbal and written communication, and multi-task oriented skills.
Strong manufacturing engineering skills with a solid ability to effectively research investigate and present information. Excellent working knowledge of PLC required, and Industrial PC experience preferred, and Microsoft Office. Excellent communication and organization skills are needed. Willingness to brainstorm with engineering and manufacturing team.
A minimum of (5) five-years Controls Engineer related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A 2-4-year technical degree in a related field with an electronics emphasis is preferred.
Quality Inspector – 2nd Shift
[Job Code QI-H4219]
Verifies product quality meets the specified customer requirements prior to shipment. Assists manufacturing and other groups in determining root cause issues affecting product quality. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a 2-year technical degree preferred; and/or a minimum of 3-5 years manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Production Supervisor – 3rd Shift
[Job Code PS-H4219]
Responsible for supervising employees in a mfg. environment. Plan & assign work, implement policies procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment and working conditions. Supervise the department and related operations. Balance quality, productivity, cost & safety to achieve positive results. Work to continuously improve in all areas. 3rd shift position.
Lean Mfg. Coordinator
[Job Code SC-H4219]
The LEAN Manufacturing Coordinator will implement a LEAN culture, insuring that the company is a first-class manufacturing operation. This key individual will have a hands-on role in developing, managing and implementing LEAN principles which provide continuous improvement to eliminate defects and waste. A minimum of a B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; or a business, science or technical discipline. Certification in Six Sigma LEAN methodologies. A minimum 3 to 5 years LEAN manufacturing experience required.
Experience in project management and production cost analysis is necessary. A strong commitment to the LEAN Philosophy is mandatory. Prior experience leading & implementing operational improvements in a manufacturing organization.
Maintenance Tech II
[Job Code MC-H4219]
Performs maintenance and repair work on production machines and equipment in manufacturing in addition to minor electrical experience.
[Job Code SC-H4219]
The position of Shipping Coordinator is responsible for directing all activities related to daily shipping including; data entry, preparation of documentation, maintains records, coordinates logistics for product shipment, and assisting customer service in related actives, as needed.
Attn: HR Dept. • 26252 Hillman Hwy. • Abingdon, VA 24210
Please… NO calls, recruiters or 3rd party solicitation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace
MUST use Job Code plus provide current resume & salary history.
Positions require verifiable work history and related experience.