ABINGDON, VIRGINIA – Employment Opportunities
CNC Operator-Machinist Tech II
[Job Code CNC/H0316-18]
Will effectively and efficiently program, setup and operate multiple CNC and mechanical machinery including Lathes, Mill and Brake Presses. The machinist will work in a fast-paced collaborative environment challenged with variable product and order mixes ranging from one-off production runs to longer runs of multiple days while maintaining high quality and on time delivery. The machinist will be responsible for all programming, setups and general attributes of CNC and mechanical machining processes. CNC Certifications and/or 5 years’ experience. High school diploma or general education degree (GED). (Verifiable Experience Required)
Value Stream Manager
[Job Code VSM-H5918]
Hapco is seeking a Value Stream Manager for our 40,000 sq. ft Steel Production Line. He/she will be responsible for planning, coordinating, organizing, controlling the production of product, ensuring safety, and communicates all policies and procedures properly. This position works closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure the efficient production of products are correct in quantity and quality.
This individual will directly report to the Plant Manager. An ideal candidate must have experience in Steel Welding and Fabrication, Powder Coating, and Robotics preferably.
Strong leadership is required. An Associate’s Degree with five (5) years related experience preferred. To perform this job successfully, excellent communication skills, both written and oral; analytical problem solving, and multi-task-oriented skills are a must.
Maintenance Tech II
[Job Code MT- H/6718]
Performs preventive maintenance and minor maintenance and repair work on production machines and equipment and on the buildings. Assist Maintenance Mechanics on general installation, maintenance and repair work. Use various hand tools and operate simple machines. Reviews blueprints and performs simple carpentry, plumbing and building repairs. Perform basic soldering skills to construct cables and wiring harnesses. Soldering skills will be required to make component level PC board repairs as instructed by supervisor. Use hand tools and ordinary shop equipment such as the drill press, power saw, and pipe-threading machine.
[Job Code AS-H71118]
The Staff Accountant will apply principles of accounting to compile and analyze financial information and prepare accurate financial reports to meet financial timetables and deadlines while maintaining a wide variety of accounting, analytical and administrative duties and functions within the department. Duties include but are not limited to the following.
• Assist month end procedures by assembling financial documents and inputting data necessary to close related accounting period and prepare various monthly corporate reports.
• Invoicing previous day shipments and reporting of Daily Totals.
• Create shop floor routings for new parts. This will require learning the manufacturing process and parts flow through the factory.
• Process Freight Payables and Customer Credit Memos.
• Update and maintain weekly & monthly cash activity including recording corporate cash transfer activity and preparing weekly list of outstanding checks.
• Prepare accounts receivable roll-forward and weekly sales report for submission to corporate.
• Process weekly hourly/salary payroll journal entries and maintain labor related spreadsheets.
• Analyze and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts, resolve any discrepancies to determine adjustments required and prepare journal entries for approval of related account activity.
• Record approved journal entries and process monthly standard journal entries established by management on a timely basis.
• Generate monthly sales commission reports for contracted representatives to review and prepare commission payments; answer follow-up questions regarding payments and resolve discrepancies with assistance from sales and quotations.
• Backup Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable positions when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position requires knowledge of finance, accounting, internal controls, budgeting and costing principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Ability to accurately analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and information is required. Strong math and computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel) is essential. Must possess strong communication skills including written, oral and interpersonal in dealing with internal and external contacts. Ability to work independently and take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
Minimum two-year degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college or university is required. Job related experience and additional education / certifications will be considered positives.
[Job Code SE-H71718]
The Sourcing Engineer will lead efforts in developing and validating opportunities in supply chain risk mitigation, quality improvements, and cost savings. The individual in this role will act as both the technical and business interface between suppliers and design/manufacturing engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Participate in the management of suppliers. Develop and help suppliers meet Hapco quality requirements.
• Work on sourcing projects to improve pricing, delivery, quality, and design.
• Perform the Request-For-Quotation (RFQ) process, analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), perform cost breakdowns and analysis.
• Develop negotiation strategies and conduct supplier negotiations.
• Conduct product sample inspection to ensure quality.
• Place, track and expedite purchase orders (PO).
• Approximately 30% travel time including international.
• Positively impact and contribute whenever needed within the company, such as assisting in troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Procurement experience is NOT required.
• Must possess bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
• Great Microsoft Excel skills. Must understand Excel formula and functions.
• Basic understanding of various production processes, ex. metal fabrication, casting.
• Well organized, detail oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to function in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
[Job Code ME-H71818]
The Manufacturing Engineer determines and develops the optimal manufacturing methods, processes and technology for producing company products from start-up, building the product line, through satisfactory production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Launches new products into manufacturing.
• Make drawings, specifications and computer models of products.
• Troubleshoots manufacturing process and equipment.
• Oversees all aspects of multiple projects insuring on-time and under budget project completion.
• Creates and manages a project book for best practices and applications.
• Develops Manufacturing Plans
• Occasional travel for business purposes may be required.
• Other duties assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required such as Bachelor of Engineering, or Bachelor of Science, with a major in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. A minimum of a (5) five-years manufacturing engineering experience with related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Attn: HR Dept. • 26252 Hillman Hwy. • Abingdon, VA 24210
Please… NO calls, recruiters or 3rd party solicitation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace
MUST use Job Code plus provide current resume & salary history.
Positions require verifiable work history and related experience.