1. Each catalog number refers to a complete set of bolts. Each bolt will include one nut, one lockwasher, and one flatwasher (all hardware components of galvanized steel).
2. To use two nuts per bolt for leveling, change the suffix to “-002” (Example 271-002). “-002” Kits will contain two nuts, two flatwashers, and one lockwasher per bolt. If leveling nuts are used, the pole base should be directly supported in full contact by a high quality, structural, non-shrink grout with a minimum 28 day compressive strength of 8,000 psi. All bolt projections shown in this catalog are for single nut applications. Different amounts of bolt projection will be required for use with leveling nuts. NOTE: Hapco does not recommend double nut installations (See #4), and stilting the pole base with leveling nuts should never be used with breakaway devices. Leveling nuts interfere with the device’s proper performance, and if so mounted, Hapco will void certification that these devices meet AASHTO breakaway requirements.
3. For Double Nut Kits (Hardware Only, No Bolt), specify “DN” (Example 271-001DN).
4. Hapco recommends leveling shims in lieu of leveling nuts. No grouting is required with leveling shims. Order Part # 51432-001 (3-1/8″W x 3-1/2″L x 1/16″H).
5. Contact Hapco Customer Service for information on Anchor Bolt options (SS – Stainless Steel, FG – Fully Galvanized, etc.).