HAPCO – ABINGDON, VA
Using the large pole spinning machines (Aetna; Graham; Clark & American) with numerical controls. Spin a variety of poles. Ranging from 5” to 10” in diameter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operator is responsible for all machine operations and production requirements.
• The operator shall thoroughly review all drawings, which pertain to tubes to be spun.
• The operator shall verify the pole wall thickness, outside diameter and length of tubes prior to
spinning. All tubes shall be inspected for straightness and dents. If tubes are very crooked and/or
have large dents the supervisor shall be contacted. With supervisor’s approval the prescribed
settings may be changed for severely dented or crooked blank tubes.
• The operator will also be responsible for the machine set up which includes using the correct
bushing, forming wheel, chuck jaws and program.
• The operator will be responsible for changing feeds and spindle speeds to meet different operating requirements for the various types of poles.
• The operator will work from prints and standard operating instructions. Us gages and various other measuring instruments. Maintain specified dimensions and tolerances by checking parts according to prescribed inspection instructions.
• The operator must have knowledge of production machine tool operations and ordinary setup functions. Ability to work from prints and specifications, use shop mathematics, gages and other measuring instruments, keep simple shop records is essential.
• Perform limited programming in an x, y plane similar to “G” code or “M” code programming for plasma cutting.
• Assess wear in plasma consumables.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position is expected to bring that fact to his/her supervisor or manager’s attention so he/she can provide further work performance or safety instructions, as needed.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Ability to use gauges, measuring devices and read drawings. Familiar with CNC controls. Ability to make changes to insure Quality Specifications are met. Ability to calculate fractions and decimals. Knowledge of production machine tool operation and ordinary setup functions. Ability to work from prints and specifications, use shop mathematics, gages and other measuring instruments, and keep show records is essential. Change feeds and spindle speeds to meet different operating requirements for the various types of poles.Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must be able to work in a team environment and participate, contribute and support all team activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for the entire shift. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving machining equipment, moving mechanical parts, dirt, oil, grease, metal shavings, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and there is always the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud with exposures ranging from 80db to more than 100 db at certain times. Specified safety equipment shall be used at all times while operating equipment or performing tasks within this position.
To Apply, Please Upload Your Resume or Completed Application Below