HAPCO – ABINGDON, VA
The shot blast operator shall set up, operate multiple pieces of equipment; use multiple hand tools; read and interpret blueprints; produce quality parts according to specifications. Ensure that all specifications are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and operate multiple pieces of equipment including saws, beveling, sanders, expanders, and hoists.
- Perform daily PM’s and safety inspections.
- Use of multiple hand tools and measuring devices such as; files, de-burring tools, pneumatic tools, wretches, levels, tape measure, pi tape, micrometers, calipers, hammer and punches.
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints and produce quality part according.
- Follow directives of supervision and group leaders to assure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with safety and housekeeping rules.
- Organize and maintain shop orders locations.
- Adhere to 1st and 5th piece quality inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position is expected to bring that fact to his/her supervisor or manager’s attention so he/she can provide further work performance or safety instructions, as needed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Ability to use multiple measuring devices such as tape measures, pi tapes, calipers, micrometers and levels to produce a quality product within the tolerances of the manufacturing drawing. Capable of reading drawings and blueprints. Proficient in machine setups and breakdowns including adjustments, die selection, and tool use. Knowledge in machining processes such as straightening, sanding, expanding and beveling. Must be efficient in problem solving and the ability to address obstacles and adapt accordingly.
Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must be able to work in a team environment and participate, contribute and support all team activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for the entire shift. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving machining equipment, moving mechanical parts, dirt, oil, grease, metal shavings, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and there is always the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud with exposures ranging from 80db to more than 100 db at certain times. Specified safety equipment shall be used at all times while operating equipment or performing tasks within this position.
To Apply, Please Upload Your Resume or Completed Application Below
|Job Code||Shot Blast Operator|