HAPCO – ABINGDON, VA
Perform various manual and clerical duties in the shipment of finished goods, components and equipment and the receiving and stocking of materials from a number of sources. Record incoming materials, check and follow up on discrepancies and move to proper locations. Check shipments against shipping documents and instructions. Move shipments to stage at the loading dock and load onto trucks. Prepare and maintain specific shipping, receiving and stock records
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receive materials from various sources including vendors, the main plant, and warehouses. Check count incoming materials against appropriate records. Make entries on receiving records as required. Forward necessary paperwork to departments or individuals concerned. Move materials to inspection area with the aid of forklift. Participate in inventory periodically.
• Move finished products and components by using a forklift. Prepare finished goods for shipment. Assist in maintaining records on all items placed into stock. Move finished goods to the shipping area, check count against shipping documents. Move component parts and materials to various production work centers.
• Communicate with supervision any discrepancies on incoming materials or shipments and make corrections as instructed. Answer inquiries regarding receipt of materials, shipments made or pending, and check various details for Material Control and others.
• Load and unload materials. Move materials to and from work centers, shipping, receiving and stocking locations.
• Occasionally transport materials to and from vendors, truck, bus and air terminals using Company vehicles.
• As needed, assume duties of yard shipper/receiver. Must have the ability to operate in a safe manner the material handling equipment such as a forklift, crane, yard tractor, etc.
• Ability to obtain a CDL license if required.
• Perform other related duties as directed by supervisor outside the receiving department and adhere to company safety and housekeeping policy and work rules.
• Other duties as assigned.
o This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.
o Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position is expected to bring that fact to his/her supervisor or manager’s attention so they can provide further work performance or safety instructions, as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must have a high school diploma or recognized GED equivalent. Ability to communicate with peers, vendors, customers, purchasing and production control. Proficient with and have a good understanding of data entry and inventory control systems and procedures with the ability to interpret bill of materials, part numbers and part descriptions to aid problem solving and inventory control. Must have the ability to operate the material handling equipment in a safe manner, such as; forklift, crane, yard tractor, etc. Excellent driving record. Must be able to extract and analyze data in Excel. NOTE: Individuals in this position will have taken and passed the company’s computer skills test.
|Job Code||Shipper / Receiver II|