HAPCO – ABINGDON, VA
Manage and assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities that manufactures products by supervising production workers and organizing and monitoring work flow. The employee exercises decision making and some discretion regarding specific procedures and work methods to complete given assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies, and procedures.
• Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
• Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings/specifications.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
• Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
• Enforces and complies with all company rules, safety policies and procedures.
• Conduct performance appraisals, reviews and corrective action counseling as required.
• Work effectively with others in a team-based environment to accomplish company goals and to identify/resolve problems.
• Ability to work with and navigate ERP
• Ability to multi-task and continually prioritize tasks.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
This job requires supervisory and leadership responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school/trade school diploma required with five (5) years related experience. Previous supervisory experience a plus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, analytical problem solving, and multi-task-oriented skills a must. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a focus in a business related area is preferred.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively one-on-one or in group situations with customers, industry groups and co-workers; utilizing methods to include, but not limited to verbal presentations or conversations plus telephone and email communications.
|Job Code||Production Supervisor|