HAPCO – ABINGDON, VA
Set up and operate the automatic, and manual paint systems, and related operations such as surface preparation, cure and cool down ovens, and paint. Start-up / shut down equipment, adjust controls, continuously check quality of output and take corrective action as required. Prepare / maintain documentation records and system transactions necessary for accurate and timely disposition of material.
- Set up and operate powder painting and subsidiary systems. Set controls and instruments for all systems and operations.
- Check quality of finish for appearance and paint adhesion. Maintain paint and supplies; keep records of paint and supplies and number of parts painted.
- Work from specifications and instruments. Set and adjust paint flow rate and other controls for the powder paint process. Select proper hanging components for each job. Determine number of pieces per hanging components to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Maintain proper settings on cool down and cure oven controls. Insure compliance to operational instructions and maintain proper temperatures and cycle times.
- Set up and operate powder application unit and perform powder application with handgun on specific parts. Load / unload racks and parts on conveyor in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform ordinary day-to-day maintenance and repair on all equipment. Clean all components of the system including the conveyor hangers, racks, automatic and manual spray booths, ovens, filtration systems and insure that assigned work areas are kept clean, safe and orderly at all times.
- Organize and coordinate the powder coating schedule as to color changes, hardware, part identification and paint to insure efficient utilization of equipment.
- Prepare / maintain documentation of orders processed for completion of entire order including poles, brackets, and hardware including proper identification of such parts.
- Coordinate part number, shop order, and customer order accurately. Ensure system transactions include data entry of labor and correct transactions of inventory.
- Apply specified film thickness to meet Hapco quality specifications as well as proper procedure for contamination free color change.
- Perform color changes within a specific period of time utilizing manufacturer’s technique for efficient color changes.
- Load / unload conveyor parts using jib hoists and package parts using specific material, methods and stage parts on material carts for bundling.
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position is expected to bring that fact to his/her supervisor or manager’s attention so he/she can provide further work performance or safety instructions, as needed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requires knowledge of the following: surface preparation; powder coating materials; powder application techniques; process set up methods; use of basic math; powder specifications; measuring instruments and hand tools. Requires experience in the setup and operation of automatic or manual powder paint systems. Ability to operate in a safe manner, required material handling equipment such as overhead hoists, forklifts and pallet jacks. High school education or equivalent required.
Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, instructions, and shop orders. Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one setting.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must be able to work in a team environment and participate, contribute and support all team activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for the entire shift. The employee is required to be stationary in one confined area; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May require walking, primarily on a level surface, for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to, dirt, oil, grease, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud with exposures ranging from 80db to more than 100 db at certain times. Specified safety equipment shall be used at all times while operating equipment or performing tasks within this position.
To Apply, Please Upload Your Resume or Completed Application Below
|Job Code||Powder Coat Tech III|