HAPCO – ABINGDON, VA
Setup and operate multiple pieces of mechanical equipment including: reamers, saws, milling machines, lathes, brake press, forming press, flattening press, drill press, punch press and other machines and equipment utilized in machining of various product components. Perform ordinary setups and adjustments as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to use multiple measuring devices such as tape measures, pie tapes, calipers, micrometers, and levels to produce a quality product within the tolerance of the manufacturing drawing and quality specifications.
- Capable of reading and interpreting drawings and blueprints of required parts to be fabricated.
- Proficient in machine setups and change overs including adjustments, die selection, and tool use.
- Knowledge of mechanical machining and forming processes such as presses, benders, mills, lathes, saws, drill presses and hand tools.
- Efficient in problem solving; ability to overcome obstacles and adapt accordingly.
- Basic mathematic and geometry skills: interpret radii, rise, circumference, pie (3.14), bend lines, angles, and degrees.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Adhere to 1st and 5th piece quality inspections.
- Follow directives of supervision and group leaders to assure on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any employee who does not understand any portion of the job description for this position is expected to bring that fact to his/her supervisor or manager’s attention so he/she can provide further work performance or safety instructions, as needed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, at any time, with or without notice.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Experience using multiple hand tools and measuring devices such as: files, de-burring tools, pneumatic tools, wrenches, smart levels, tape measure, pi tape, micrometers, calipers, and levels. Read and interpret drawings and blueprints; produce quality parts accordingly. Perform inspections and complete daily Safety and Mechanical Power Press Inspection Record. Comply with all safety and housekeeping rules.
Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, instructions, and shop orders. Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and team settings.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must be able to work in a team environment and participate, contribute and support all team activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for the entire shift. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Proper lifting techniques required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to, dirt, oil, grease, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud with exposures ranging from 80db to more than 100 db at certain times. Specified safety equipment shall be used at all times while operating equipment or performing tasks within this position.
To Apply, Please Upload Your Resume or Completed Application Below
|Job Code||Machinist Tech IV|