The HAPCO Name
In 1951, Hubbard established a new division, the Hubbard Aluminum Products Company. HAPCO offered its first line of aluminum lighting poles and brackets in August of that same year. The superior properties of aluminum poles were immediately embraced by the market, with Hapco seeing significant growth during these early years.
Hapco was acquired by Dyson-Kissner-Moran (DKM) in 1958, and the original Pittsburg, Pennsylvania facility was moved to the present-day location in Abingdon, Virginia in 1962. Today, after over 50 years and multiple plant expansions, the skilled workforce continues to vigorously pursue the founder’s original commitment of “the highest quality” products in the lighting pole products industry.